Monday, March 12, 2012

Money Monday: Money Goals




On Money Monday I share ways I'm learning to save, make and or spend money wisely.

During the first four years of our marriage, my husband and I weren't really able to get a good grasp on our money situation because our living situations were always changing. During the spring and summer, he'd be making minor league player salary (it's not a lot, trust me!), and maybe I'd be able to bring in money too. In the fall, we always had different jobs. Where we lived varied and therefore, our expenses somewhat. Plus, we were kind of clueless. Not totally because we did try to live on a budget, but it wasn't until the third of fourth year of marriage that we were more purposeful with any extra money that came in.

Now we have a steady (although still small) income that we are trying to use more wisely. He is on a new career path that we both feel is promising. In a few years, he very well may have a job that pays double or triple what we are used to living on! Our hope is to be prepared to use the money wisely instead of going on shopping sprees, which I'm sure I'd be inclined to do!

So we've been talking a lot about money and our needs and hopes for the future. We are realizing our need to learn more about how to use money wisely. To us that means staying debt-free, saving better and spending better.  Also, for me, I'm looking into possibilities of me bringing in some money, while continuing to stay home. Overall, we want to be good stewards of the money God gives us. These are the things I want to learn about, and share on here, each week. Next week I will be exploring the topic of what it means to be a good steward in the eyes of God and what the Bible says about using money wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment