Wednesday, August 27, 2014

gonna be some changes made



It was a little over a year ago when I changed my blog from “The Yellow Butterfly” to “All These Things.” Also, I had honed in on what I wanted to write about. I admitted I was a writer. One of my goals for this year was to learn more about blogging and writing in general. I have done that to some extent, although there is so, so much more to learn. However, slowly I have read things here and there and listened to podcasts that were helpful.

The more I thought about my writing, and my blog, I felt that something needed to change. With the blog title of “All These Things” referring to seeking the kingdom of God, I felt it odd to write about some things I felt compelled to write about. I felt as if I had to put a twist on each thing to make it spiritual. It is true I do try to honor God with all that I do and write, but the title just felt too serious for “My Favorite Salad Dressing Recipe” or things like that.

And so, after much thinking and discussion with my husband, I decided to make a new blog. Next week, I will reveal it to you! That is where I will be doing the majority of my blogging. The title is simple: my name. I know it’s all in my head, but it feels like coming home. There I can explore my writing style and work to find my “voice.” There are no “rules” (as made up as they are) about what to write. If I want to write it, it works, because the blog is named after me.

I have a vision for “All These Things” that needs some more praying, musing, and planning. Until then, it will be quiet. When the time comes, I’ll be sure to write about it on my main blog.


Come back here on September 1st and I’ll have a link to my new blog! I’m really excited to share it with you all, and so much more in the future!

4 comments:

  1. What a great picture! Wow!
    Looking forward to what's coming!

    (P.s. I decided there's no way I can do 31 days! Lol. So I'll just be doing one post at a time as I can).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some awesome skies here in Indiana (hint, hint!) :)

      Delete
  2. And here I was thinking salad dressing is very much a part of the Kingdom. ;) Looking forward to your new blog!

    ReplyDelete