In June I learned:
1) How to make fruity kombucha. I've been brewing kombucha for a few months, but haven't tried it with fruit because I felt like I needed to know more than "put some fruit and kombucha in a jar and let it sit for a few days." But you know what? It's that simple! I've tried strawberry (amazing!) and watermelon (not amazing).
2) The status of my high school exchange student. She stayed with me for a week or two my senior year of high school, then I went to Germany and stayed with her a couple weeks after graduating. We were like sisters. We stayed in touch for a few years, but it's probably been close to 8 years since I've heard from her. Out of the blue, she emailed me! She's married and has twins. It's been so good to exchange emails with her.
3) That my daughter can sleep through just about anything. If you had told me that when she was a baby, I would not have believe you. But now she sleeps through all her brother's crying or talking. As well as falling off the bed or sleeping half on the bed. So that's why they are sharing a room now. And it is SO nice!
4) That I want to do hooping. I watched a video, I tried it out. I'm hooked - or shall I say hooped? (Sorry.)
5) My new favorite song is Home by Philip Phillips. I had no idea he was the American Idol winner of the one season I actually followed some.
6) That freecycle is truly awesome. I scored this vintage teacher's desk, which I hope to paint a fun blue color in the future. It's huge, but solid.
7) How to run a baseball scoreboard. I could do it all day! Really.
8) How to make yogurt in a crockpot. I was worried about how it would turn out, but it was great!
9) How to treat my wavy hair better after reading The Curly Girl Handbook. I hope to post more about what I learned and how things are going with my hair now that I'm a true "Curly Girl."
10) How to cut a boy's hair. Or not really how, but that I can wing it and it turns out okay.
It was really fun looking for things I'm "learning." There's so much I want to learn, but not always the time and sometimes I feel like I'm getting no where. But having a reason to keep tabs on it, I see that there's a lot going on!