Monday, September 23, 2013

limitations

Today is the feast of the Conception of St. John the Forerunner. And while I want to have our schedule be around the church year and services, I knew this one was not going to happen for us. After a bit of an off schedule last week, then having friends over all day Friday, then my sister all day Saturday, and me being on parent duty alone all weekend (and a cold coming on, just to add to it) ... Sunday night Vespers and Monday morning liturgy just weren't a smart idea for us. I needed a break.

When I realized this, I felt like a bit of a failure. Not one month in and I was making compromises. Or so it felt. As I thought about it more, I realized that there are just limitations, and that is just life, and that is okay. This is all new to us. My children are young and my husband is working a lot. Church is hard these days. It's okay to not do it all.

Turns out, Coach took both kids to liturgy and I stayed home and got all my food prep done for the week. That was a blessing. I still feel on track.

Right now I am feeling the limitations of my life a bit heavier right now. Several areas just don't seem to be going smoothly, and I'm planning on doing some trouble shooting and planning this week. I hope to share some things with you, but this blog too is affected by my limitations of time and energy. I have a plan that will hopefully allow me to share more, but I'm not promising anything. One thing I'm also leaning to accept is that as good as planning is, things don't always go as planned.

How do you handle limitations?

No comments:

Post a Comment