Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesdays Unwrapped

I'm linking up with Emily today for "Tuesdays Unwrapped"!  What is that? Emily says to write, 

"Anything that causes you to pause and celebrate the moment. Not what will be or what is to come, but what is real and true this day: the messy, the lovely, and the unexpected. Share a photo, a story, or anything that offers a glimpse into your own journey of discovering the gifts in the midst of the ordinary."
This is kind of my Monday unwrapped, as I may not get a post written about today...

I was feeling so glorious about all the veggies I had cut up in the morning, coming together in a bowl for a yummy salad in the afternoon. I was even making it early because I willingly agreed to change evening plans and go to my brother and sister-in-law's for the afternoon and evening. Yes, I felt content. I was "with it."




The little son happily ate his leftover oatmeal while I threw things in. I turn around and ...




what a mess! And I sighed because this happens all the time. And it reminded me I need to clean my door knobs, and of the laundry...




and, and - AND!

But, I didn't get discouraged. Yes, there were messes. Yes, there were things left undone. But that didn't cross out all that was done. And there was still time.

I cleaned up that boy. I put half of the laundry away. My man came home and wiped the table. I finished the salad and we left. When we came back, I finished the laundry, and did more. Things got done. There were still oatmeal bits on the floor, but I went to bed early anyway. They'll get swept up today, just to be replaced by more... And that's just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment