Friday, December 20, 2013

all these things :: dec 20

Just an overview of what is current in my life. A snapshot of how I'm trying to give "all these things" to Him and truly seek first His kingdom in my life. 

heart & soul ::  I have been having thoughts swirling about that pretty much boil down to this question: What is the balance between making my family thrive and simply helping others survive? It's a heavy question. It deserves it's own post, but I don't have enough words right now. Right now I'm simply praying.

mothering :: Remind me to never say that things are going smoothly! I think I wrote that last week, and the same day we had one of the hardest days in a while with Sweet Girl. So, today, let me just say I am adoring my kids this week, struggles and all. They are so precious!



home & kitchen :: So, we've been eating sprouts here and there. (By we, I mean my husband and I!) And, I've got sourdough going! It is intimidating, but fun. I think the culture is fully activated and I hope to make (or start) some bread today. On Tuesday I made sourdough pancakes, and they were yummy! And the kids liked them! ~ I'm working on sewing stockings for us (and whoever comes along in the years to come!). Oh, and I've been packing. :)

rhythm :: My husband suggested we say our family evening prayers after supper clean up, instead of right before the kids go to bed. I've really enjoyed this change. It's like a blessing on the evening instead of an afterthought, which is what it sometimes felt like. At first the kids had much better behavior, but now they're getting squirrelly again, especially Bubby. He just walks off because, well, he can! :) So there's still that aspect to work on.




learning & growing :: I mentioned The Good Wife lecture series last week. There's also The Good Husband series (that came first). My husband bought that one. Now, I was hoping to listen to my series and quietly make changes and bedazzle my husband with my good wifeliness... but it came out that I had bought it and he suggested we listen to both series together. So I agreed. Every Wednesday evening we'll listen to one and talk about it. We started  last night.

looking forward to...  What can I say? Christmas of course! I kind of feel like a child in that it seems SOOO far away! Yet, I know it will be here before I know it. I still have a lot of work to do... a few Christmas presents to finish making, cookies and pies to make, etc, etc. I'm looking forward to all of that too. :)

I may or may not be on here before Christmas. So I'll say it now... I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed Christmas! May you feel the joy of Christ's birth in your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment