Thursday, November 21, 2013

all these things :: november 21

Just an overview of what is current in my life. A snapshot of how I'm trying to give "all these things" to Him and truly seek first His kingdom in my life. 

Today is the feast of the Entrance of the Mother of God, who at age three went to live in the temple. Thinking about this since my daughter is three... and how Mary is the perfect example for us all.

Also, my newest nephew joined us in the world on November 13th! Welcome George Thomas!

heart & soul :: Not much too deep right now... Mostly thinking about the holes in my mouth and hoping they don't get infected, and trying to keep up with normal life and get back in the routine.

mothering :: I finished reading Raising Godly Tomatoes. I feel strengthened. I am working on things. The biggest thing that's a help right now is having one (sometimes both) of the children help me with the chores in the morning, while the other plays. Having them not play at the same time saves a lot of grief. I'm not going to avoid that forever, they need to learn how to play well together, but it's hard at this age.

Bubby helped me wash the dishes after "soup making day."
home & kitchen :: Soups, soups, and more soups lately. Well, it's all I've been able to eat. ~ I finished the "last" home decor project, and totally forgot to post about it last weekend. Hopefully this weekend. ~ I have two and half projects left on my list for the month... what am I going to do when I'm done?? Start on December's list of course. :)

Sweet Girl enjoyed pouring water while Bubby and I did the dishes mentioned above.
rhythm :: I'm trying to get back on track. Yesterday I ran again with no problems. Today I got up at 5 am again, and it felt great. Er, in a, "yes I'm tired but I'm so glad I got an hour and half of peace and quiet before the kids woke up" kind of way. :) The evenings have been off. I get flustered when I still have things to wrap up after the kids are in bed and I forget to do evening things. But, it's coming back together.

learning & growing :: I learned my first Latin phrase. "Multon non multa." It means "much not many." My sister-in-law Lisa sent us the link to this video. It's geared toward education, but really, it applies to every aspect of life. I really enjoyed it and felt motivated and smarter after watching it. :)

Sneak peek of the "last" decor project. 
looking forward to... a road trip with a friend tomorrow to surprise another friend. Just there and back, but it'll be fun. And then a weekend with no plans (so far!).   

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend! What's happening in your heart and home?

No comments:

Post a Comment