Tuesday, July 23, 2013

on my boy being one and letting go

This time last year, I had been at the hospital almost 12 hours, and I was still in labor. Eventually he came out in the water.




This year, I am just so thankful to not be where I was then. Oh, and for this cute, handsome, funny, sweet, darling little boy.



I didn't think about it until today, but it's sort of fitting that I gave all his baby clothes, car seat, some toys and things away last week. Who knows when we'll have a boy again, and a lady on freecycle is - and needed things.


It was harder than I thought it would be. But now that it's done, it feels good, although a little empty still.

Baby's grow up. I'm okay with that for today. Just don't let him turn into a man.


*photos with him in the red shirt (aka the really nice ones) were taken by my friend Rachel. Thanks Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment