Thursday, July 18, 2013

three years ago...


All of her came out all at once in the early 3'oclock hour, after my grunts and groans of a jungle woman. And since, there have been many more groans and pains of love as I grew as a mother, and she as a daughter. Sleep issues, behavior issues, and issues of my heart as I became painfully aware of my selfishness and frailty. 


She continues to stretch me every day in self-control, attentiveness, and in giving love the hard way. She has an incredible sweetness, but it is mixed with a strong will and a tendency to complain. It is these last two that bring struggle because I have them too. I gave them to her by nature and example.


I pray that as I work to pull these weeds out of my heart, they will no longer give life to the weeds in her heart.


I know she will continue to teach me. We will contine to grow together. I have many regrets of the past three years in my mothering, but she is still healthy, smart, loving, and full of potienal. Glory be to God!

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment