Hey all! I'm doing this again, and linking up with Emily over at Chatting at the Sky.
In July I learned...
1) that I do better getting up at 6:00, rather than 6:30. Even though I'm still tired, I don't feel as sluggish for whatever reason, no matter when I go to bed.
2) that the founding fathers of our nation were not Christian! Listen to Fr. Thomas Hopko's podcast titled "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."
3) running is supposed to make you feel stronger, not like you are going to die. Who knew? I started a running program from this lady. Two weeks in and I have to say, I do feel stronger when I'm done. Still tired and a bit beat, but, yes, stronger. And maybe, maybe I will start to really like running!
4) that the new prince was born the day before my baby boy turned one! Fun! But, I do not understand all the hype. I guess it's just like the Lion King - only people stand outside of a hospital to get first glance. Kate must be a strong woman for sure.
5) how to cook beans in the slow cooker. Soaked beans, water, heat. (I know, I know... a no-brainer, but I just hadn't tried it yet.)
6) that my daughter telling me, "Don't worry. You'll be okay." to me when I hurt myself is really a good thing because it means she's getting the message and will someday apply it to herself. (Thanks to my friend Natalie for pointing that out to me!)
7) a bit about the reading curriculum "Spell to Write and Read." Hoping to start some basics with Sweet Girl this fall. So much more to learn though!
8) that my husband and I are really are busier than we think and we just can't figure out why.
And for August I have some learning goals:
1) Learn a trick or two for hooping (through this awesome site I found).
2) Continue to learn about the reading curriculum and the writing curriculum, Cursive First.
3) Learn to stick with my schedule!!!
AND... just a couple links. I seriously haven't had time to read much, but these were great.
1) What it really means to 'do less and be more' from Emily.
2) All of this page about the 665 sq foot cabin this lady lives in with her family.
Both of these totally connect to some thinking and dreaming Coach and I have been doing lately. I hope to share more in the future!