Friday, July 19, 2013

dear house

Dear House,

Thank you for two years of keeping us safe, warm, and cool. This is the longest relationship we've had with a house - outside of our parents'. I hope you've enjoyed our time.

I hope you've appreciated the routine cleaning you've received (as compared to before). I hope you don't mind, though, that you now get food on your walls from the babes and pee on your carpet once in a while. How do you like  your yellow walls?

Pleas forgive me when I complain that you don't have more windows that open, or that your AC isn't cool enough, or about your high ceilings. Deep down, I'm very grateful for you. I hope you know that.

You've seen a lot of changes in these two years - in both you and us. I don't know how much longer we'll be here, but we're not leaving anytime too soon (that I know of!). Don't be jealous if we dream of another home in the future. For right now, you are perfect.

Thanks for everything,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment