Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sewing Projects

Disclaimer: I am NOT a photographer. I take horrible pictures and I apologize! I can never get the lighting right, etc, etc. Please overlook!

SKIRTS


I made two skirts out of two dresses. The purple dress was a gift from my husband for Valentine's Day. Maybe my body wasn't back to normal shape yet, but it just fit funny. So for the longest time I planned on making it into a skirt. When I finally got around to it last week, I tried on the dress and actually liked it. I debated. Needing a pretty, plain skirt more than another dress plus a few other factors helped me decide to make it a skirt. I'm glad I did - I love it! It was crazy easy as I just had to cut the top off! 

The jean dress (that's me in early pregnancy with Sweet Girl) I have had for years. I bought a shirt jean dress recently and I have been in need of a jean skirt. I just can't find one I like. I love this dress and I've had it for years. The denim is very light in weight, but a classy dark in color. This was simple too. I cut the top off, folded the edge over and sewed, leaving a gap for elastic. Put elastic through and sewed it up. It's not perfect - a little wide around the hips, but it's good enough for now. If I get the nerve in the future, maybe I'll try taking it in. 



CURTAIN

I made a curtain for one of Sweet Girl's windows. I love the fabric. I made a pillowcase out of it first (see bottom right). It's called "Hearty Flower", which I think could describe her. She is hearty and spunky, yet sweet and girly like a flower. Anyway, I love it and I hope to make the second Saturday. The fabric will be different, but I hope to incorporate the scrap from this one into it. Someday when we live somewhere else or have money to buy curtains, I hope to turn this into a blanket, or something more lovey than a curtain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment