Monday, August 30, 2010

My Mia Monday

A lot has been going on for Mia! She was six weeks old on Sunday. The main thing we are working on right now is our bedtime routine and going to bed at a decent hour (between 6-8) and not nursing for hours before finally falling asleep. We are making progress! We still aren't on a regular timetable, but our routines are pretty set.

She is very smiley! I LOVE her smiles!!! Lately she has been smiling a lot when we switch sides during nursing and after nursing (if the burps aren't bothering her). Tonight she smiled some during her bath, which I was pretty sure from the beginning she enjoyed.

We went on a road trip this weekend to be with Will. Really, it went pretty well. It is really neat how, even as little as she is, she knew we were somewhere new. And she had trouble falling asleep because she wanted to look at everything so much! A great moment was when she smiled and smiled at Will after seeing him again. How sweet!

Today Will tried to give her a bottle of some of my milk. Absolutely no progress! She just kept pushing it out with her tongue and fussing. I ran to the store because I didn't think it would be good if I was right there! She wouldn't like that! We have just a generic nipple so I might pick up one that I've heard a lot of people use. I'm not too concerned about getting this worked out. We just have a bunch of frozen milk from when I was pumping the first week. I thought we'd try to use it before we moved. It would be nice to have one feeding off a day, or to be able to leave for a while. But if not, that's okay too. It won't last forever and I know as she gets older she'll be able to go longer without eating.

I bought a "Mommy and Baby" workout DVD. I'm not sure if I will get around to doing it this week, but I am doing a few just baby exercises from it, as well as using some massage techniques. However, once we move and are settled, I look forward to doing a 10 minute segment every day.

I keep thinking how I just love having a baby! I do look forward to her growing and getting to know her better... hearing her talk and learn about her interests and what her talents are. But sometimes, when things are smooth, I just want her to stay little and sweet and cute. Maybe that's why people have more than one child... for the baby phase. I don't know, but it sure is a precious time!

No comments:

Post a Comment