Monday, October 14, 2013

i am a collector




This morning I made a discovery about myself, through a creative personality quiz. I've been learning a little about creativity through this series at Pure & Simple.

I've never really thought of myself as all that creative, and certainly not an artist. But that is all changing thanks to this site, and Emily at Chatting at the Sky. It's liberating, fun, and exciting.

My discovery? I'm a "collector," which does not mean I collect a bunch of trinkets and organize them creatively (that's what I first thought of...). It means I collect ideas. Here's their definition:

Collectors gain inspiration from different sources and then compile them to create something completely their own. Their creative style is best described as a collage – a melded blend of ideas they have gathered over the years, from many different sources. (from Pure & Simple)

This is me very much so. I never would have been able to word it, but after reading it, I went "AHA!" And we all love those moments. I understand myself better, and therefore am able to embrace myself more, being thankful to God for this part of me.

So, why don't you take the quiz?! It's about 5 questions. Is it right or wrong?


No comments:

Post a Comment