Friday, March 22, 2013

The Kitchen

Finally... I'm so happy to post these pictures! It's only been a few months, but it feels like forever to me because I have been working on things for the kitchen on and off the whole time! The changes were gradual so it doesn't really feel like this big, all of the sudden, change. But I am really enjoying it for sure!

BEFORE

AFTER
What I did: removed some cabinet doors; put fabric in the backs of those cabinets (Got the idea on Pintrest. Here's the link.), painted, made hand towel (see below) from this tutorial. I am making a mat for the floor, but not sure it's going to turn out...
Definitely home-made! haha Not perfect, but pretty.
 BEFORE

AFTER
What I did: painted, sewed snaps on a pretty napkin and hung it like a towel, switched things up on front and top of the fridge (it's a little cluttered right now because we have a lot of snacks at the moment), added pennant decoration on the door, and put different things on the shelves next to stove.
BEFORE

AFTER
What I did: painted, put up shelves (well, Coach did with a little help from me!) and decorated, made tablecloth and added place mats.

Close up of the table cloth. I just love the print!

And that folks, is my "new" kitchen! I have to give credit and thanks to my husband for letting me bounce ideas off of him for months, removing the cabinet doors, watching the kids while I reorganized the kitchen, painting with me, putting up the shelves, cheering me on, and, in general, putting up with me through the whole thing! He is so wonderful! And thank you to our friend who gave us the paint!!

 I have been doing little things here and there throughout the house, but none of them are close to "done". And it will probably be a while before they are. However, when they are I will post pictures here! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment