Friday, March 15, 2013

Poem: Blue Eva

Life feels heavy right now. And busy. BUT I'm not going to write about that.

Instead, here is a light-hearted poem I wrote on June 8, 2011 for a girl named Eva.

At the time I was a recent high school graduate in Germany with a group from school and Eva was one of the high school students hosting us. I did not stay with her, but all the American and German students were pretty close, for the short amount of time we knew each other. Eva was sweet and quiet. And I still miss her when I think of her.

Blue Eva

Eva's color is blue
which is not something new.
Something blue is the sky.
And sometimes also goo.

Eva sometimes seems blue
but that's not true.
Instead she is thinking
about everything, including you.

What do you think when you see blue?
Maybe water, maybe glue.
I think of Eva
and tell her, "I love you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment