Monday, May 26, 2014

Helps for Orthodox Mothers: Other media


This is the last post in this series. I don't have a lot, but what I have has been extremely helpful to me, so I wanted to pass it along!

Podcasts
Just a quick word on podcasts... They have become my new best friend. Since I don't have internet at home, I can't just browse blogs. And really I shouldn't be spending too much time doing that. But, I can download podcasts on my iPhone while I'm somewhere with internet, then listen to them at my leisure at home. Like, while doing dishes, laundry, cooking... So I'm really learning a lot, while getting my chores done too. :) A couple specifically applicable to motherhood and Orthodoxy are:

Raising Saints - Every. Single. One. I haven't listen to them all, but each one that I have has left me inspired and with tangible ideas to better teach my children the faith.

Readings from Under the Grapevine - This one is specifically for kids. The narrator reads (in her British accent) chapters of different books, one week at a time. Or she might speak about a certain feast. I haven't listened to these on a regular basis, but I want to start. We did listen to the whole Chronicles of Narnia with this podcast, so, it's not just for kids. :)

Music
Gigi Shadid's albums for children are excellent! She has five: ”Fruits of the Spirit,” “Celebrate the Feasts,” “Middle School Math Music,” “The ABCs of Orthodoxy,” and "Fight the Good Fight." We have "Fruits of the Spirit" and I've listened to "Celebrate the Feasts." 

Anyone have any other great resources?


No comments:

Post a Comment