Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Once Upon a Time... I had TIME!

I had time to WRITE!

The past couple days I have been unpacking a big box of things - mostly journals of mine. Many times I got sucked in as I "flipped" through some. And I've been kind of in and out of the past in my mind. Some things really made me cringe to remember how I was, and did I really write  that? And think that? Did I SAY it too???? But other things surprised me in a good way.

And there's really too much there to get into, but one thing I did like were some poems I found that I had written back in the day. I usually wrote poems when I was either really upset about something (or sometimes happy), or I simply had lots of time to think about what was going on in my life, and it would flow out.

When I was younger, I wrote in my journal all-the-time. It really got me through some rough times. I still journal, but it's sporadic. It is more consistent than it has been in the past couple years, but really I find my outlet in talking to Coach about everything in my head and on my heart - and sharing with my friends. I didn't always have that - but I always had a notebook.

Anyway, I lament a bit that I don't have the time for creative juices to bubble out like they use to. (If they do it is usually at 10 pm when I am trying to fall asleep and am too tired to get up... and I forget it all in the morning!) BUT... I am going to be brave and daring for my dear readers! I am going to do a series (left un-named because I can't think of anything clever) of sharing one of my poems once a week, until I run out of poems I am willing to share. I have no idea how many there will be and they are going to be in random order. Tryin' to keep it simple folks because it's the only way it's gonna happen. Anyway... I'll start next week or the next...

Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment