Tuesday, February 12, 2013

30

Guess what! Today I am 30!

After I woke up, I had this thought, "30 is the new 20." Well, that's debatable, but it's my new reality. And unlike many people (including me last year), I am really excited about it. The 20s were great, but I'm looking forward to this decade of being 30.

A lot happened in the past 10 years. I took on some new and major roles - aunt, wife, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother, and mother of two. That is a lot of adjustment and growth. Oh and I moved 22 times!

I don't know what these next ten years will bring, but I'm hoping for a deeper kind of growth - a maturity in these new roles I acquired in my 20s.

And on the fun side, here are a few "roles" I'd like to acquire while in my thirties:

  • skilled fermenter
  • soap maker
  • pasta maker
  • cheese maker
  • canner
  • candle maker
  • home owner
  • photographer
  • seemstress
  • woodworker


One a year and maybe I can do it! :)

I'm gaining a new outlook when it comes to my birthday and holidays. One that doesn't expect the day to be "perfect", but just another day with an extra reason to be grateful. Because all days have reasons to be grateful.

And today, I am simply grateful to God for giving me life - for creating ME - as unique and flawed, yet perfect in His design, as I am. I have to trust that He knew what he was doing and he didn't just allow my creation, but willed it - chose it - and that He loved be even before I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment