Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Morning Thoughts

breakfast treat

Last night I had a dream that we had our twenty-week ultrasound and they told us we were having a girl. I was thrilled! Maybe it was because yesterday I had read The New Baby by Mercer Mayer a dozen times to Sweet Girl and Little Critter's new sibling was a girl. Regardless, I guess my feelings are clear.

But of course, either gender will be perfect. I am so excited about this baby. As we sipped our strawberry smoothies this morning, I looked forward to having another giggly, squirming someone at the table. I have a lot of thoughts like that.

I'm sure things won't be as easy as these thoughts I have. In the back of my mind, I know it'll be hard at times. But why dwell on that? I can dream and anticipate as long as I keep in check that there will be hard times. For now, I will anticipate the good and pray for grace when the not so good happens.

When Sweet Girl was born, I was knocked off my feet. I was on a hormone roller coaster while sleep deprived... and trying to meet unrealistic expectations. I can't control the first two; they will probably be the same. But I hope I have learned enough from that experience to make this next transition a tad easier. 

Maybe I'll look back on this and laugh, but why dread the unknown? I know there will be good times, but I can't predict how hard it will be. So, for my sanity, and my baby's sake, I'm going to live in the joyous expectation of the good times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment